Hi, I’m Jacky and I began Small Home & Garden Love as a way to indulge in my passion for great decor and DIY (do it yourself) projects. I’ve loved decorating and gardening as long as I can remember and cannot get enough of looking at beautiful rooms.
I will try my best to keep up with the million and one diy projects that I have in my head and find cool and interesting stuff to show you.
A Few Fun Facts About Me
I love to cook but make an absolute mess while cooking.
Lucky for me my hubby doesn’t mind doing the dishes.
- I can’t watch reality shows or series tv, not even part of an episode, because I get instantly hooked. And then have to watch the rest of the season.
I’m a vegetarian, although sometimes I cheat.
- Dippable and dippee foods are my favorite; soup, coffee, sauce, bread, etc.
- I’m totally not a morning person I get nauseous when I wake up before sunrise.
I’m a homebody I’ll take a good video , takeout over a night on the town.
I love eating breakfast foods for dinner.
I love the outdoors and anything that has to do with nature.
I am terrified of spiders and roaches.
- I am super
cheapfrugal and proud of it. I’m always looking for ways to save.
- My favorite movies are horror, sci-fi, comedies and dark comedies. Oh and chick-flicks as my hubby calls them.
I am very impatient and indecisive. That’s why I go shopping alone.
Photography and gardening are my other two passions.
- I’m an architect turned nurse who just fell upon blogging (and loves it).
My Partner In Crime
Although my hubby Raul is more of a silent partner (aren’t those the best?) in the writing of this blog he is totally involved behind the scenes. He is extremely supportive and the best husband I could hope for and he goes along with all my crazy ideas and adventures. Even though he isn’t crazy about shopping or crafts he still goes along with it. I honestly wouldn’t be able to do it without him.
The Story of Our Stuff
My hubby and I met in 2007 (07/07/07 to be exact), we moved in together joining all our stuff in 2008 (nope not 08/08/08, although that would have been cool) and got married in 2010…you guessed it on 10/10/10.
When I moved in about 95% of our collective stuff was hand me downs from our parents. We ended up “inheriting” the stuff they didn’t want. None of it really went together so our journey of purging, restoring and revamping began. And still continues…
You can follow our progress here as we tackle all this “stuff” room by room.