Ok, so I’ve been going back and forth on the style for the bath and I finally pinned something down. It’s basically a mix of a crisp and clean background (walls, floors and fixtures) with a few rustic/industrial touches thrown in. I’ve already started gathering up some of this stuff…
1. I fell in love with this Barn Wall Urban Bronze Outdoor Wall Sconce at first sight. Best part is that I got them on sale! And they’re already sitting safe and sound in our bedroom.
This is sort of the vibe I’m going for, just a little more chic than rustic. You can check out my Pinterest Bathroom Board for more inspiration
2. The bathroom is fairly small and I want to keep feeling as light and airy as possible. So, I’m going with a light warm gray on the walls. Not this color exactly, but you get the picture.
3. I want the vanity to bring in a large part of the rustic factor into the room. I’m thinking of going with something like this sideboard. I’m having a really hard time finding something with similar bones that doesn’t break the bank. We might have to diy this one.
4. The wire baskets are for under the bench. I got a couple the other day at Home Goods for a steal.
5. I am drooling over these sinks. I think they’ll totally help up the Chic factor. I already ordered them on Overstock. It was a package deal (sink, faucet and pop up drain), the best price I could find.
6. Ok, the shower wall tiles are making me lose sleep. The ones I’m showing here are basic faux marble porcelain tiles. I’ve searched locally and online and can’t find what I want (something inexpensive and larger than 3×6). So I’m thinking I may go in a different direction.
7. This one is up in the air also. It depends on what tile I get for the shower walls. I do have it narrowed down to two from a couple of local tile places. The one I’m showing is from Home Depot.
8. These beauties are the only tile I have so far. It’s a honed Carrara Penny tile for the shower floor. And even though I splurged, this was the best deal I could find anywhere!
9. I’m thinking of adding a bit of darker gray in with some of the accessories or I may go with something more colorful. You can get these at Target.
10. There’s an empty space by the door when you enter the bathroom and I want to add in a small bench like this one from Ikea. I’m also really liking the coordinating shelving unit. I’m not sure yet if I want to get the set or diy the shelving unit with something more industrial.
11. When did hampers get so expensive? I’ve had mine for about 15 years (I’m embarrassed to say) and I had a bit of sticker shock when I started searching for a new one. I found this one here. It was actually a great price compared to all the other ones I saw online. But on my trip to Home Goods I ended up finding one that’s really close (except it’s round) and for half the price.
12. I’ve been wanting to stick a barn door somewhere in the house forever. And I finally found the perfect spot.
As you can see in the before plan, the bathroom is made up of two rooms. The vanity and linen closet in the first (which open up to the bedroom). And the toilet and tub are in the second tiny room. Which makes the whole bathroom feel claustrophobic. You pretty much just wanna do what you need to do and get out as fast as possible. The vanity also only has one sink and is smaller than standard so two people really can’t get ready at the same time without bumping into each other. The plan is to remove the center wall and make it one room, switch out the vanity for a two sink one, and replace the tub with a shower.
We ended up losing our linen closet (long story), so I plan on adding as much storage around the room as possible with wall niches, wall hooks, baskets and shelving.
Well, that’ it for now. I’ll be back next with some progress picks…